I was nominated for the Leibster Award from MarieOhMarie, who writes an awesome and sassy blog that you should definitely start reading, if you don’t already. It seems like the perfect way to jump on the blogging bandwagon of socializing, since I tend to stay pretty remote and isolated. in my little blogging space. Without further ado…
– Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
– They must also answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for them.
– They must then choose 11 bloggers to tag & award with the Liebster award (nominees must have less than 200 followers). These lucky bloggers must be told in a comment on their blog.
– They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
- I can’t go a single day without drawing something.
- I am a first generation American on one side of my family, and a candidate for Daughters of the Revolution on the other
- I have bottle-fed a baby bear while cradling it. I’m sharinga photo because it’s hands down in the top five of favorite memories ever.
- I’ve had a grand total of 11 piercings
- Dying my hair pink is something I hope I never grow out of doing
- I love kids and look forward to welcoming them nto my life through fostering, adoption, and pregnancy. But not for a while.
- Up until the last couple of years, I was a serial nail biter
- I have horrible follow through.
- I strongly believe that drugs should be legalized and that people who suffer from drug abuse should be offered supports and mental health counseling, not prison.
- I don’t like sexuality labels because my range of attraction is too wide for one orientation to capture, and people who identify as strictly straight or strictly gay baffle me.
- I struggle with body/self esteem issues and feel guilty that I don’t radiate self-love all over the internets.
1. When you were a wee one, what were your dreams? Ambitions? Did you want to be a vet on the moon? I wanted to be an artist/writer/ballerina. So far, two out of three ain’t bad.
2. How did you learn there was no tooth fairy? (If your parents/guardians had you believing in the first place) My friend Lauren showed me a letter she had written to the tooth fairy tucked away in her mom’s sock drawer. To be honest, though, I was always a bit of a skeptic about the Tooth Fairy.
3. What’s your favorite dish to bring to gatherings? This is mean, but I love to bring my Chocolate Chipotle Chili. I found the recipe on NPR for one of their Superbowl Recipe Ideas a couple years back. It’s mean because I always make it obscenely spicy, so no one but my sister, brother in law, and myself will eat it.
4. What’s the most memorable gift you’ve ever received? I feel like a horrible person, but nothing specific is coming to mind. My partner and my family and friends all spoil me on a pretty consistent basis, so it’s hard for one particular thing to stand out. In the abstract, though, my mom has given me the gift of acceptance, which is the best thing a person could ever ask for. Her acceptance has always been unwavering and solid, and provides the support for me on days I don’t have it. I’m lucky to have a sister and partner who follow in my mom’s footsteps with their offerings of love and acceptance as well. Holy fuck that was really cheesy.
5. What’s your favorite movie? I’m not that much of a movie person, but my favorites are anything by Hayao Miyazaki, particularly Nausicaa.
6. What about animals. Got a favorite animal? Elephants are the coolest things ever. I also have an unexpected obsession for cows. It’s unexpected because it took years for me to recognize how ridiculously happy I am whenever I see one.
7. Do you have any regrets in your life that go beyond regretting what you ate for dinner last night or the junk food you’ve indulged in? None that feel right to admit on the internet. But to prevent myself from sounding too mysterious and intriguing, no not really.
8. Got any pets? Tell me about them. Two pet rattas named Gibson and Harper, after the guitar and the author. I also have a dog, Lyra, who lives with my mom and I’m in the process of moving her into my apartment. David isn’t fully convinced that a dog is the best thing ever, so it’s still in the transitional phases. She’s named after the character from the Golden Compass.
9. Lover or a fighter? Lover, for sure.
10. What’s your before bed routine? Asking David if he’s ready for bed. We’re super gross and couple-y about it, because we’re in the habit of brushing our teeth together before bed.
11. How tall are you? I hover firmly between 5’3″ and 5’4″
I know it’s a bit of a cop out, but I can’t think of eleven bloggers whom I read that haven’t already done this. I can, however, think of two so I’m nominating Alicia from Break Out of the Bell Jar and Violet from List Love Laugh. They’re both fabulous girls that I know IRL, and their blogs are both definitely worth reading! If you haven’t done this already, though, you should definitely consider yourself tagged and leave me a comment letting me know you did a post!
- What’s the most important thing on your bucket list?
- Favorite joke?
- What job do you never ever ever want to have, no matter what?
- What’s your comfort food?
- Favorite word?
What’s your favorite thing about the person who nominated you?I kid! I kid! Okay but seriously, though…No no, really, I’m kidding. It’s hard to think of 11 questions!
- What’s a piece of art or literature that provides a somewhat constant source of inspiration or motivation?
- ‘Fess up–what do you pretend to hate but secretly love?
- If you had to trade your partner in, who would you pick as the replacement?
- Describe your dreamy, perfect day
- What animal do you wanted to be reincarnated as?
- Who’s wardrobe would you steal, ignoring size issues?